Magic Lantern Raw Video Converter
Magic Lantern (ML) is a firmware add-on for Canon digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) cameras and the EOS M. It adds features for DSLR filmmaking and still photography, and is free and open-source. The most important feature of ML is the ability to shoot video in RAW. Fast CinemaDNG Processor can read and process Magic Lantern MLV files directly, without MLVFS or any other software.
Fast CinemaDNG Processor software could work as a transcoder or video converter for MLV files from Canon cameras. This is important issue to offer further footage editing. Apart from transcoding we've implemented crop, trim, audio files extraction, etc. Realtime preview is a must to give the user an opportunity to see processed footage before transcoding.
MLV converter features
- Support of standard MLV format including spanned files
- Realtime preview for compressed and uncompressed MLV files
- Crop and trim
- Audio export from MLV file
- Focus pixels suppression in realtime
- Optional MLV preprocessing on GPU
- MLV to DNG / CDNG / CinemaDNG file converter (uncompressed DNG or CDNG, CinemaDNG with lossless JPEG compression, lossy CinemaDNG RAW 3:1, 4:1 and 5:1)
- MLV to TIFF, MLV to JPG, MLV to EXR, MLV to JP2 (expected soon)
- MLV to video: MLV to MP4
Apart from conventional MLV workflow, where we need to convert MLV to DNG sequence, then to create proxies for further processing and color grading, now we can also do all these things at the same pipeline, because we don't need neither DNG nor proxies for .MLV processing, everything could be done on GPU in realtime, starting from RAW MLV to final color corrected video at full resolution. Here you can find more info about licensing and how to buy the software.
P.S. To read MLV files we utilize mlv_structure.h which is under LGPL 2.1.